- Companies around the world, of every size, benefit from virtualization. Thousands of organizations, including all the Fortune 100, use VMware virtualization solutions.
- Pooled resources allow you to allocate different amounts of RAM, CPU, and storage to each server. No longer are you limited by someone else's idea or template for how to configure a server.
- Lower cost per month than colocation and no hardware upgrades to plan for!
- Higher availability than a single server solution. You can also add in load balancing by using either a virtual load balancer or one of our Fortigate solutions with built-in load balancing.
All vmForge VDCs include VMware's High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling services. The ipHouse vmForge virtualization platform automates workload balancing and recoveries in the unlikely event of a failed physical server, while improving response times and server throughput.
Virtualize almost any x86 (or x86_64) based operating system or distribution.
Download the GuestOS Guide from VMware directly.
Here is a partial list of operating systems we've seen installed on our clusters.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 (including R2)
- Windows Server 2008 (including R2)
- CentOS 5-6
- Debian 4-6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4-6
- Oracle Solaris 10 & 11
- FreeBSD 6-9
- Ubuntu Server 8-12